The Clearview Library District Friends & Foundation (The Foundation) helps further the library’s mission—Cultivate curiosity. Enlighten the mind. Strengthen the community—by providing additional financial support that sustains and expands services to our area’s diverse and growing population.
To that end, The Foundation‘s Endowment Fund helps meet existing needs that are beyond the library's current operating budgets while generating new income to increase offerings to patrons and the community. For example, each year, a small percentage of funds goes to short-term projects, such as the Read and Grow Program and the Author Event Series. In addition, The Foundation’s 501(c) (3) nonprofit, tax-exempt status is a vehicle for receiving tax-deductible contributions.
A Sampling of What We Do
Below, are some of the ways we support the library’s mission— Cultivate curiosity. Enlighten the mind. Strengthen the community.
- Every year, we hold Clearview Reads, a literary/cultural event, where we bring an author to speak to the community. This event is family friendly and is paired with programming by the library that showcases topics covered in the chosen book. Past authors include James Campbell, Anne Hillerman, William Kamkwamba, Craig Johnson and Sandra Dallas.
- Our volunteers help with library events like the Summer Reading Kickoff and Carnival. Recently, we have helped the library weed and give away a sizable portion of their collection in preparation for the library remodel.
- We love to celebrate our librarians with a holiday token to show the community's appreciation.
How We Make a Difference
- Fulfilling staff “wish lists”— With the money the Friends & Foundation raises, we are able to extend the library’s resources, so that the imagination of staff members who go above and beyond to create and implement programming for children, teens, and adults is not restricted by monetary constraints.
- Summer Reading— Each year, the Clearview Library District offers free summer programs and events for all ages. With additional funding from the Friends & Foundation, the library is able to bring in even more guest speakers and additional technology resources, among other needs.
- Guest Author—We are committed to using some of the funds we raise to bring in authors who share how they write, what they write about, and why they write. Our greater community is full of passionate readers and potential writers, and it is through this annual event that we hear that our own contributions are welcome and valued.
Do you like this page?