The Clearview Library District Friends & Foundation (The Foundation) helps further the library’s mission—Cultivate curiosity. Enlighten the mind. Strengthen the community—by providing additional financial support that sustains and expands services to our area’s diverse and growing population.
To that end, The Foundation‘s Endowment Fund helps meet existing needs that are beyond the library's current operating budgets while generating new income to increase offerings to patrons and the community. For example, each year, a small percentage of funds goes to short-term projects, such as the Read and Grow Program and the Author Event Series. In addition, The Foundation’s 501(c) (3) nonprofit, tax-exempt status is a vehicle for receiving tax-deductible contributions.
A Sampling of What We Do
Below, are some of the ways we support the library’s mission— Cultivate curiosity. Enlighten the mind. Strengthen the community.
- Since 2017, our TIPS-trained volunteers have been serving beer (and raising money) at every concert during Windsor’s Thursday Night Summer Concert Series throughout June, July, and August.
- When the Town of Severance celebrates the last days of summer with fun, music, and fireworks, you’ll find us hosting a booth at Severance Days.
- As the weather starts to change, we’re marching in a parade and providing outreach from our booth at Windsor’s annual Harvest Festival, one of the area’s largest events.
- You’ll also find us participating in Oktoberfest when Windsor celebrates its German heritage during this annual event. Once again, volunteers from the Friends & Foundation serve up local brews and some national brands for thirsty attendees.
- Lastly, we showcase the work of our behind-the-scenes volunteers who plan, organize, and deliver a fabulous evening for the entire community—an Author Talk from a nationally known writer who shares often surprising back stories and the unique challenges of professional writing. Past authors are W. Bruce Cameron, Laura Pritchett, Craig Johnson, C. J. Box, Peter Heller, and Sandra Dallas.
How We Make a Difference
- Fulfilling staff “wish lists”— With the money the Friends & Foundation raises, we are able to extend the library’s resources, so that the imagination of staff members who go above and beyond to create and implement programming for children, teens, and adults is not restricted by monetary constraints.
- Summer Reading— Each year, the Clearview Library District offers free summer programs and events for all ages. With additional funding from the Friends & Foundation, the library is able to bring in even more guest speakers and additional technology resources, among other needs.
- Guest Author—We are committed to using some of the funds we raise to bring in authors who share how they write, what they write about, and why they write. Our greater community is full of passionate readers and potential writers, and it is through this annual event that we hear that our own contributions are welcome and valued.
Do you like this page?